The Irish "supergroup" Patrick Street began with four recognized masters - Kevin Burke (ex-Bothy Band), singer/bouzouki player Andy Irvine (ex-Planxty), Jackie Daly (ex-De Dannan), and multi-instrumentalist Ged Foley (formerly of the Battlefield Band, and now in The House Band)-joining forces for a tour in 1986. Over a decade later, the group has now reached "legendary" status. Billboard has called their music "mesmerizing" and their albums "a must for those who love Irish music."
1. Music for a Found Harmonium
2. Brackagh Hill
3. Brian O'Lynn-The Wood of Old Limerick
5. The Newmarket Polkas
6. A Forgotten Hero
7. Doorus Mill
8. In the Land of Patagarang
9. Boston O'Connor/John Gaffney' Fling
10. The Humours of the King of Ballyhooley
Another giant of an album from these respected musicians. Patrick Street's combination of great traditional style with virtuosic talent causes one to feel that the musicians are playing both for themselves and for the listener. On No. 2 Patrick Street (GLCD1088) the lift in their playing is unmatchable; their total performance is spellbinding.
1. John Mckenna's Jigs
2. Braes of Moneymore
3. Hard by Seifin/Woodcock Hill
4. Tom Joad
5. Benton's Jig/Benton's Dream
6. William Taylor
7. Caherlistrane Jig/Gallowglass Jig/Kanturk Jig
8. Jenny Picking Cockles/An Gabhrán/Jack Keane's Reel
9. Facing the Chair
10. Sweeney's Wheel
For the Best Selection of Irish Jewelry and Gifts online click this link to eIrish.com!